Dr. Eric Cline. Video lecture 1:10 length. Egypt, Canaan, Greece, Hittites, Crete, Cyprus, Assyria: All collapsed at the same time. Probable causes:
- Global Cooling. As we know every 1000 to 1500 years there’s a DO event leading to a cooling, leading to reduced precipitation and collapsing agricultural yield, finishing off agricultural civilisations – who can only be maintained as long as you get 3 calories out for each calory you invest. Previous warm time leads to population growth, and according collapse once yields drop. Examples: End of Roman Warm time, end of Medieval warm time. Warmunists claim that Global Warming will kill us; all extinguished empires disagree: It’s the cooling that does it.
- Earthquake series. The collapsed Eastern mediterranean empires all sat on fault lines.
- Invasion by the Sea Peoples (from Sicily, Sardinia)
- Disruption of copper supply lines.
- A combination of all of the above.
An early end to a historic phase of “Globalism”. The mediterranean with its mostly calm seas was a giant trading hub: A highway. It later became the same again first for the Greek empire colonizing all of the coasts, and then for the Roman Empire; until Islamic piracy mostly destroyed this function for a thousand years with the exception of Venetian white slave trade to the islamic world. Until the battle of Lepanto.